Interviewing crazy

A man was in a mental home for a few years finally seemed to have improved to the point where he thought he could be published.

The head of the institution, in a fit of commendable caution, but decided for the first interview him.

"Tell me," he said, "if we release you, as we are considering doing, what do you intend to do with your life?"

The inmate said: "It would be nice to get back to real life and if I do, I will certainly refrain from my earlier mistakes. I was a nuclear physicist, you know, and it was the burden of my work with weapons research, Die, have helped me here. If I am free, I shall confine myself to work in pure theory, where I trust the situation will be less difficult and stressful. "

"Marvelous," said the head of the institution.

"Or," ruminated the inmate. "I could teach. There is something to say, the expenditure for a life in bringing a new generation of scientists."

"Absolutely," said the manager.

"Then again, I might write. There is a considerable need for books on science for the general public. Or I might even write a novel based on my experiences in this beautiful facility."

"An interesting possibility," said the manager.

"And finally, if none of these things appeals to me, I can always go to a tea kettle."

0 comments: